If you have ever been to Dollywood, you probably know about all the delicious food you can get. From southern buffets to delicious frozen lemonade, you will find all kinds of treats. One of the most popular treats is the Dollywood cinnamon bread. If you’ve ever tasted it, you know how delicious this dessert is, especially when it’s warm! We want to share a recipe with you, so you can make this treat for yourself at home when you aren’t at Dollywood but you really want some of it!
Other Dollywood Snacks
Before we share the Dollywood cinnamon bread recipe, we want to share some other popular snacks at Dollywood! There’s a stand on Main Street that sells frozen lemonade in the spring and summer, which is perfect for cooling off on warm days! Another popular sweet treat is funnel cakes. The funnel cake stand is located at Rivertown Junction. You can get a traditional funnel cake with just powdered sugar, or you can choose from toppings like hot fudge, cinnamon sugar, or strawberries. A savory treat people love to snack on in the park is pork rinds. The stand is in Craftsman Valley, and you can even get spicy BBQ variety of pork rinds! One of the most popular snacks in the park is kettle corn. You will find this sweet and salty treat in Rivertown Junction. During certain parts of the year, they sometimes dye the popcorn for fun. The kettle corn is a great treat you can take with you when you leave the park.
The Dollywood Cinnamon Bread Recipe
We know you’re ready to start baking so you can start eating this delicious bread! Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients for the Bread
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
Ingredients for the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water or fresh lemon juice
1. Coat two loaf pans with vegetable oil cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish and set aside.
3. Cut the dough lengthwise into two pieces. Make 4 crosswise slits in each piece, taking care not to cut all the way through. Brush the loaves all over with butter, making sure to cover the creases.
4. Roll each loaf in the cinnamon mixture, packing the cinnamon into the creases with your hands.
5. Place the loaves in the prepared pans and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes. While the bread is rising, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
6. Bake the bread for 35 minutes, or until the top is golden and a tap on the bottom of the pan yields a hollow sound. Turn the pans around once during baking.
7. While the bread is baking, make the glaze. In a small bowl, vigorously stir together the powdered sugar and water until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps. Turn the breads out onto a rack while they’re still warm and drizzle with the glaze.
Now you have a delicious treat you can make to satisfy your craving for this Dollywood cinnamon bread! Ready to come back to Dollywood and the Smoky Mountains? Stay in one of our Pigeon Forge cabin rentals on your next vacation!