Your pet is part of your family. Not all animals do well being boarded, and some get sad and lonely when their humans aren’t around. We understand that, and we want to make sure when you go on vacation, your pet can come, too. That’s precisely why Eagles Ridge Resort offers pet friendly cabins in Pigeon Forge TN.
1. Traveling with Pets
Since you and your pet are both in the mood for a fun-filled road trip, here are a few tips to help make it a smooth journey:
- Don’t forget to stop. While you may be able to hold your water for a long time, remember your pet needs to go, too. Plus, it’s nice to let them stretch their legs a bit. There are plenty of rest areas and welcome centers on the interstate that have designated dog walking areas, so be sure to take advantage of a few en route.
- Walk the dog before hitting the road. Dogs tend to rest better if they’ve had a nice walk before a trip.
- To avoid motion sickness, don’t overfeed your pet before you leave and don’t feed it in the car.
- Make your pet feel at home by bringing its bedding and favorite toy along for the trip.
2. Pet Friendly Dining
One of the best parts of renting pet friendly cabins in Pigeon Forge TN is that they come with a kitchen. You can load up the trunk with goodies from a nearby grocery store and prepare some of your meals in your Eagles Ridge Resort cabin rental. This is a great way to make sure your furry friend will be welcome at meal time. Another option is to choose one of Pigeon Forge’s pet friendly dining establishments. There are more than 25 restaurants in town that allow dogs at their outdoor dining areas. Here are some you can check out:
- Dogs are treated like rock stars, just like their humans, at the Hard Rock Cafe Pigeon Forge. The restaurant provides water bowls, a dog biscuit, and even a hook for your leash. Please note that servers will only work the outdoor area if it is at least 50 degrees.
- For an authentic British dining experience where you dog is always welcome, head over to the Fox & Parrot Tavern. The tavern, which is located in the center of the Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Community, features traditional “Pub Fayre” like fish and chips, Shepherd’s Pie, and Welsh Rabbit, as well as doggie biscuits for your furry family members.
3. Pet Friendly Activities
Your pet doesn’t have to miss out on all the fun when you’re on vacation. Pigeon Forge has several attractions that are open to both humans and their four-legged friends. Here are a few favorites:
- Most people head to the Pigeon Forge area to enjoy the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We’ve got great news for pet owners! Your furry friend is allowed in the park’s picnic areas and along the park roads when on a 6-foot or shorter leash. In addition, they are allowed on the Gatlinburg Trail and the Oconaluftee River Trail.
- Visiting Dollywood is another popular reason folks come to the area. While Dollywood only permits service animals inside the gates, they do go out of their way to make sure your pet is comfortable while you’re in the park. Doggywood offers 12 run kennels and 4 cottages for its furry guests. Because space is limited, reservations are highly recommended.
- Leashed dogs are allowed in the outdoor section of the Great Smokies Flea Market, and pets are allowed inside if they are in a pet stroller. So if you’re looking for some great deals but don’t want to leave your pet at the cabin, you’re in luck!
Now you’re ready to travel with your pet! You know where to eat and play in the Great Smoky Mountains, so let us help you find the perfect place to stay. Take a look at all of our pet friendly cabins in Pigeon Forge TN and start planning your vacation today!